Saturday, April 26, 2014

Kusadasi, Turkey - Saturday, April 19th

Since we have been to Ephesus a few times in the past we decided to see something else this time.  It's hard to pass up the opportunity to spend more time there but I really wanted to see more of Turkey on this trip.

Later in the day:
Dear readers, I had written a few paragraphs about what we did today.  Then, I started reading them back to myself and thought "this is really boring".  So, I erased it all and will tell you in a nutshell how we spent our day. 

We visited a bunch of ruins built in the 5th and 6th centuries.  There was the Temple of Apollo, Isabey Mosque, Basilica of St. John's Tomb and the Temple of Artemis, although it lies in ruins.  It was one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.  There is only one pillar left standing.

It was raining most of the day so we had to tote our umbrellas and hats while dancing around puddles, sometimes very large puddles.  The bottom of my jeans and my shoes were soaked so I must admit that I was NOT sad when our tour was over.  Guess I just don't have a passion for walking though a bunch of very old rocks in the rain.  I'm sure Bob will add photos that show you the area.  They will be a lot more interesting than the words I was writing!

Next, we sail for Istanbul, Turkey.  We don't arrive until late tomorrow afternoon so I have a little time to relax tomorrow before going out at night.  We have a special event for the full World Cruise passengers tomorrow night, which is dinner at a Sultan's Palace.  Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment